The numbers application of an Apple device allows you to merge it with an Excel spreadsheet so that you can use them simultaneously.
Yes, you read that right. The Apple spreadsheet can be made compatible to be used with Microsoft Excel.
It’s a handy and amazing feature for those who wish to use Microsoft applications on their Apple devices and were not able to use them because of certain reasons.
For your general information, I would tell you that the iWork application of Apple includes several subsidiaries which give the usability of the spreadsheet, Word processor, presentations, and so on.
We can count these apps as the substitutes of Microsoft Office and are named as Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.
So if you wish to import and export Office documents, then you may do so easily with the help of this instructional guide.
So, if you are ready to learn how to do it, then skip the wait as we shall be soon discussing the methods for both importing and exporting.
To import Excel spreadsheets into Apple Numbers
(Note: this method will only work if you are using .xlsx and .xls file formats. If you are using .csv or tab-delimited files, then also you can use this importing method.)
Read Also >> Boost the speed of Xbox One game downloading
- Begin by launching Numbers on your Apple device and a window will appear on your screen.
- Further, you need to go to the location where your Excel file is situated.
e.g. if it is in the Documents folder, then you need to click on it. It is usually present in the left sidebar. Otherwise, click on the File menu and then click Open. After this, go to the spreadsheet.
- After locating the file, you need to click on it to open a progress window.
- In case any changes were made during the import process, you shall be notified about it in a separate window.
In case there are a number of formulas and charts in the spreadsheet, then the possibility is you will definitely see a change. This means the simpler the sheet, the higher the similarity in the imported file.
- Now, the file shall be opened in Numbers.
Speaking about working on this imported file, it is advised to look over it carefully because somethings might have changed. If there were charts, then probably it would see a change.
Also, you need to check if the formulas are at its right place or not.
To export Apple Numbers files as an Excel spreadsheets
If you have been using and working in Numbers and then wish to return to use Microsoft Excel, then it is not as hard as you might be thinking.
- First of all, you need to launch Numbers.
- Then, click on the File menu.
- After this, you need to move your cursor to the “Export to” option and a pop-up will appear.
- From the pop-up menu, select Excel.
- In the Export window, choose if you wish to include the summary of the worksheet.
- After making the desired selection, click ‘Advanced Options’.
- Now, choose either of the two, .xlsx, and .xls file formats.
- After making the selection, click Next.
- Further, choose the file saving location.
- After doing so, click ‘Export’.
You can finally use your Numbers sheet in Microsoft Excel and vice versa. In case you haven’t already used this amazing feature, then start using it now.