Microsoft Office needs no introduction as this is the only software that we can see on almost every computing device nowadays. Without this, a computer is just like a body without a soul and if you are a working professional, then you must be aware of the benefits of having an MS Office suite on your device. Not only the business professionals but also the school and college-going students know about it. They have been using it for quite a long time for accomplishing the work allotted to them.
The apps included in various versions of Office have allowed them to work on documents, create impactful presentations and do much more with it. With the introduction of the latest version of Office, people can now collaborate with each other as well while using any of the Office apps which in turn makes their work a lot easier and less time-consuming. So without further ado, let us begin our discussion about Office setup via www.office.com/setup and the specifications regarding its deployment process.
- Navigate to www.office.com/setup.
- Login to your registered Office account.
- Further, choose your Office product.
- Click on the “Install” button present next to it.
- Make a selection for your “Country” and “Language”.
- Afterward, click on the “I Agree” button to continue the process.
- Wait for a couple of minutes until the product gets downloaded.
Visiting www.office.com/setup is the only way through which you can download your purchased software. Here, you have to use the 25 digits unique activation code. This code is essential to redeem your retail card. Those who have already done it can download any of the Office products straight from office.com/setup. While filling credentials of your activation code, you required to log-in first using your registered account. Once you are done, go to cart and from the list of Office products download your purchased subscription.
How does Office 365 vary from Office 2019?
Both, Office 365 and Office 2019 are the newest versions of Office but they still have some differences in their features and specifications. So, let us go through the major differences between the two that may become the guide for us to choose the one that best fits our needs.
The difference in Price- the one-year subscription of Office 365 encompasses applications like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. This costs a user around $100 with the service of paying on an annual as well as monthly basis. 6 users are eligible to use the subscription which means you can download the software on 6 devices to be used simultaneously. On the other hand, the 2019 version costs a user around $150 which is a lifetime subscription. This version includes all the major applications that are needed by Office users and is the best fit for students. You can use both versions on a PC as well as on a Mac device.
Features and Updates- If you are using Office 365, you’ll get all the latest features and updates related to Microsoft Office. Moreover, you become eligible to get all the security updates along with bug fixes at certain intervals. On top of that, the additional 1TB of cloud storage might be the reason why everyone is interested in Office 365. However, in Office 2019, you can only use some popular Office applications. Also, you will get a few security updates but not the additional online storage.
Once you choose the version of Office that you wish to download, you have to first create an account for which the steps are given in the next section.
How to create an Office account?
- Open the official website of Office.
- Click on “Sign in”.
- Enter your email ID and click “Next”.
- Click on the “Create new account” option if you do not have an account.
- You are required to provide some basic details about you to complete the account creation process.
- Now, enter your login password.
- Click on “Sign in” once again.
Install Office Setup via office.com/setup
- Locate the Office setup file either by using the search box or directly navigating to the “Downloads” folder.
- When the installation window opens, you have to read the “Terms and Conditions”.
- After doing so, click on the “I Agree” button.
- Follow the installation instructions and tap “Finish”.
- Upon doing this, your product will get installed.
How to activate Office setup?
- Keep the 25 digit product key handy with you.
- Right-click on the installed Office file.
- Enter the activation code when prompted.
- Click on the “Finish” button to complete the Office activation process.
- Finally, your product is activated on your device successfully and you can start using it.
Renew Office 365 subscription
- Open your web browser and go to www.office.com/setup.
- Select the subscription that you want to renew or upgrade.
- Choose from different Office plans and select from the different payment methods.
- After choosing the payment method, choose Office 365 in the shopping cart.
- Finally, go to the payment section on your Office account.
- In the end, make the final payment and you can start using Office again.
Some of the common Office setup errors
- Wrong ID/password
- Update reboots without warning
- Problems with server platforms
- Basic functionality issues
- The Windows screen is flashing after a successful Office account login.
- Unavailability of Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Unable to see personal folders in Outlook.
- The office is taking too long to install.
- Error codes like 2002-4, 12007-4, and 12152-4 are displaying.
- The product is only for non-commercial use and you cannot use it.
Hopefully, you have got to know the basic and simple procedures that are required for a successful Office setup on your device. If you have encountered any problems while doing so, you may seek expert assistance for the same.